Near Death Experiences (15 of 52)


Most military medical centers emergency rooms are take a number take a seat we will get to you in the order you came in. The navy nurse behind the counter took one look at me and ushered me directly into a treatment area. I must have looked as bad as I felt. Within minutes there were three people poking and prodding pinching my fingernails. My respiration was raspy they told one another my lips were blue. The doctor flanked by two nurses in a fatherly gesture touched my left forearm leaned forward saying son we are going to find out what is wrong with you. To which I replied I think you will discover I have the Swine Flu. All three medical professionals took a giant step back recoiling as if I were contagious.

The doctor leaned forward still keeping his distance and asked were you here on base in December?
Yes sir over on recruit training side.
So you got “the shot”.
“Were you transferred here to the hospital?”
“No sir I was in the dispensary overnight over on the recruit training side.”
“And you have been sick ever since?”
“Yes sir but not this sick.”

He turned to the nurses and started barking all kinds of orders. Start an IV. Pull blood sample I want a full series. I want a chest X-ray and an EKG. I want arteriole blood gases I want to know what his P02 counts are. Forty-five minutes later a different navy nurse strides in with a syringe in her hand. She has medication drawn into the syringe to deal with the Swine Flu, aminophylline. The music on the radio is from Electric Light Orchestra they were singing their hit song Evil Woman. I should have known something was about to come undone. She is flicking the glass with her fingernail to get all the bubbles into the top pushing the plunger until they all popped out like Champaign. She inserts the needle into my IV tube.

“This will fix you right up.” She depressed the plunger down.
What came next happened about as fast as it takes to read this. My right arm got really hot from the IV down into my finger tips turned around and rose to my wrist then the elbow -red,racing,burning, beating. When the fire got to my armpit everything went black.

I did not know I was allergic to Aminophylline neither did they. And they just administered a lethal dose directly into my blood stream.
I woke up five weeks later physically a fraction of myself. I lay in the bed of the intensive care isolation unit of Great Lakes Regional Medical Center having lost sixty nine pounds almost one third of my total body weight.
It took me ten years to fully recover and another ten to fully integrate what happened to me and more importantly why. I learned at great cost about the sovereignty of Father God. I am writing this to you so you can learn and embrace His sovereignty in a much shorter time. If you have had a near death experience my deepest hope is we can continue the dialog off line. Remember this electronic presence of Life After Heaven is designed to be a dialog. One reason my death is worth living for it to help you with a faster integration of what happened to you and why.
Next week we are back with another post about Spiritual facet of experiencing the Kingdom of Heaven.

2017-06-09T14:11:12+00:00 By |